Thermal Ink Jet Technology by
EVOLUTION IV Industrial High Resolution Ink Jet printer
- Print up to one inch high alphanumeric characters as well as barcodes and graphics.
- 4.3 inch color touch screen controller
- The system includes a color touch screen controller with stylus for message entry, one print head module with internal product sensor, power supply, and mounting bracket.
- Delivers bold, highly legible and fully formed characters in a print resolution of 300 dpi at production line speed of up to 110 feet per minute.
- EVOLUTION IV is the next High Resolution Ink Jet Printer in the EVOLUTION series and has also been designed around the thermal ink jet (TIJ) technology proprietary to Digital Design.
- EVOLUTION IV cartridges are integrated with it’s 1” proprietary print head a 128ml ink supply
- EVOLUTION IV as with its predecessors, delivers the lowest TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) of any competitive ink jet printing system available. Our EVOLUTION Dot Calculator can show you how low your TCO can be.
- EVOLUTION IV is delivered as a complete system and includes a Touch Screen Controller, print head module with built in product sensor and a flash card reader, mounting bracketry, and power supply.
- EVOLUTION IV will print bold, highly legible characters in a resolution of 300dpi or at production speeds up to 110 feet per minute (33.5m/min).
- EVOLUTION IV can print eight of the most common barcode symbologies
- EVOLUTION IV can print and store user created graphics(logos) in bitmap (*.bmp) format.
- EVOLUTION IV has the ability to print one line of 1″(25.4 mm) high characters, two lines of 15/32″ (11.9 mm) characters, three lines of 5/16″ (7.9 mm) characters or four lines of 7/32″ (5.5 mm) high characters.
- EVOLUTION IV includes the standard font Arial, Tahoma, Swiss and Outline style fonts are available as options in a variety of character sizes.
- EVOLUTION IV includes the entire Optional Software package that is available for the EVOLUTION II. These include expanded message storage and message length, date and time coding in a variety of formats, sequential numbering, shift coding, product count and more
- EVOLUTION IV has from simple product identification to date, time and sequential numbering to barcodes and graphics, the EVOLUTION IV has it all in a compact, simple to use High Resolution Ink Jet Printer.
- Touch Screen Controller for entering messages, system configuration, and displaying data from the print head. Built into the controller are:
- One Serial RS485 port for communication with the print head.
- Backlit WYSIWYG LCD display.
- Alpha/numeric tactile keypad with 16 special characters.
- Memory for message’s storage of 200 messages.
- PRINTHEAD MODULE with built-in:
- Two Serial RS485 ports, one input for communication with the controller and one output for interconnection or signaling to external peripherals.
- Internal product sensor.
- Print distance up to 3/8″ (9.5 mm).
- Print resolution of 300 dpi up to 110 feet per minute (33.5 m/min).
- Character style: ARIAL Standard (Swiss, Tahoma, and Outline available as options)
- A one line message of 48, 1″ (25.4 mm) characters per message, or
- A two line message of 96, 15/32″ (11.9 mm) characters per message, or
- A three line message of 144, 5/16″ (7.9 mm) characters per message, or
- A four line message of 192, 7/32″ (5.5 mm) characters per message.,
- Print Mixed-Raster (combined character heights) messages.
- Print user created logos/graphics in bitmap format in either 1″ (25.4 mm) or 15/32″ (11.9 mm) heights.
- Twelve built in barcode symbologies that include:
|Interleaved 2 of 5||Code 39||UPC-A||UPC-E|
|128 B||128 C||EAN 8||EAN 13|
|GS1B||GS1c||ITF14||2D Data Matrix|
- Standard software includes, programmable: line speed, print direction, print delay, inter-character spacing, message orientation, automatic message repeat, lot counter, sequential numbering, shift coding, date offset, product counter, variable time and date formats, password protection and multiple language prompts in English, Spanish (standard) French and German (optional).
- Embedded ECP (Evolution Communication Protocol) for OEM and Systems Integration.
- Flash card input for: optional software, optional fonts and logos download.
- Dovetail slot/slide for add-on print heads.
- POWER SUPPLY 110-240VAC(60 Hz), 1.7 A. Output 12Vdc at 5A
- MOUNTING BRACKETERY for side coding applications.
- NETWORKING of up to 32 individual print head modules via an RS485 data link through either the controller or our Optional EV-NET software.
There are no additional software options currently for the EV IV systems, as it is complete
- The ADD-ON PRINTHEAD is used when additional lines of text or product information need to be printed on the carton or product.
- It includes the print head module, 7-inch communication cable and a power supply.
- The print head module simply slides on the existing print head using the dovetail slide and slot on the sides of the print head. A setscrew locks the print head modules into position.
- Up to two print head modules can be mounted onto a single mounting bracket.
- The 7-inch communication cable is inserted into the appropriate port on the print head to allow communication with the controller.
- The ADD-ON PRINTHEAD WITH BRACKET is used when product information needs to be printed on the opposite side of the production line
- It can also be used on additional line production lines within the manufacturing facility.
- It includes the print head module, power supply and a mounting bracket assembly.
- A communication cable of the appropriate length must be ordered separately if connecting the additional print head modules onto a network of EVOLUTION printers.
Currently there are 4 font styles available for the EV4 system:
The standard delivered style is an Ariel Style
A one-line message of 48, 1″ (25.4 mm) characters per message
A two-line message of 96, 15/32″ (11.9 mm) characters per message
A three-line message of 144, 5/16″ (7.9 mm) characters per message
A four-line message of 192, 7/32″ (5.5 mm) characters per message
Also available as options are Swiss Style, Tahoma Style, and Outline Style.
Other special styles and sizes may be as a special order