Ink Jet Technology by
Lexmark is a registerd trademark of Lexmark International, Inc. registered in United States
EVOLUTION I LX Industrial High Resolution Ink Jet printer
- extremely low cost Industrial High Resolution ink jet printer
- delivered as a complete system
- prints bold, highly legible ASCII characters
- fully expandable
- EVOLUTION I-LX is an extremely low cost Industrial High Resolution ink jet printer designed around the Thermal Ink-Jet technology(TIJ)from LEXMARK.
- EVOLUTION I-LX delivers the lowest :
- initial cost of ownership, and
- TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) of any competitive ink jet printing system available. (Our EVOLUTION Dot Calculator can show you how low your TCO can be).
- A savings of approximately 20% can be realized with the Lexmark ink cartridge. This savings is the result of better ink efficiency in the cartridge and a lower cost of the cartridge itself *.
- EVOLUTION I-LX is delivered as a complete system and includes a hand held controller, printhead module with built in product sensor, mounting bracketry, and power supply.
- EVOLUTION I-LX prints bold, highly legible ASCII characters, graphics and barcodes can also be printed and stored in the controller in bitmap formats.
- EVOLUTION I-LX prints in a resolution of 300 or 600 dpi at production speeds up to 240 feet per minute (73 m/min).
- EVOLUTION I-LX is the ideal choice for those applications where only a lot number, product code or other non-variable text is required.
- EVOLUTION I-LX is a fully expandable system. The optional software packages may be ordered with the original system or field upgraded via a flash card. This transforms the basic printer from a very simple system to one that rivals much higher priced hi-res large character printers meant for secondary carton coding. It is also a viable alternative to small character continuous ink jet printers and laser coders..
- EVOLUTION I-LX includes two standard fonts. Optional style fonts are available in a variety of character sizes.
- EVOLUTION I-LX can print one line of 1/2″ (12.7mm) high characters or two lines of 7/32″(5.5mm) high characters.
- With EVOLUTION I-LX, the choice is yours. It can be either a very basic system, a fully featured printer or anywhere in between.
*Results may vary depending on messages being printed and environmental conditions in the plant.
- HANDHELD CONTROLLER for entering messages, system configuration, and displaying data from the printhead.Built into the controller are:
- One Serial RS485 port for communication with the printhead.
- Backlit WYSIWYG LCD display.
- Alpha/numeric tactile keypad.
- Memory for message’s storage.
- PRINTHEAD MODULE with built-in:
- Two Serial RS485 ports for communication with the controller and any other external device.
- Internal Product sensor.
- Flash card reader for: optional software, optional fonts and logos download.
- Dovetail slot/slide for add-on printheads.
- Standard Font:
- character style: Arial
- character heights: 1/2″ (12.7mm) and 7/32″(5.5mm).
- Programmable print resolution of 300 dpi or 600 dpi up to 240 feet per minute (73m/min).
- Print distance up to 3/8″(9.5 mm).
- Print and storage logos and barcodes in bitmap (*.bmp) file format.
- Prints Up to:
- A one line message of 24, 1/2″(12.7 mm) ASCII characters, or
- A two line message of 24, 7/32″(5.5 mm) ASCII characters per line.
- Ability to combine different character height in the same message (mixed raster)
- Standard software includes programmable line speed, print delay, inter-character spacing, print direction, message orientation, product detection and external encoding.
- Multiple language prompts:English, Spanish, German, French.
- Embedded EVP (Evolution Communication Protocol) for OEM and SYSTEMS INTEGRATION.
- MOUNTING BRACKETERY for side coding applications.
- POWER SUPPLY 110-240VAC(60 hz).
- NETWORKING of up to 32 individual printhead modules via an RS485 data link through either the controller or our Optional EV-NET software.
The optional software packages may be ordered with the original system or field upgraded via a flash card. This transforms the basic printer from a very simple system to one that rivals much higher priced hi-res large character printers meant for secondary carton coding. It is also a viable alternative to small character continuous ink jet printers and laser coders.
(download-print comparison chart with all optional software packages versions 1, 1.5, 2 and 3 in PDF format ).
Your operating system can likely read pdf format files automatically, but may require software such as Adobe Reader for PC.
- Optional Software Package 1 (Part # EV1-SW1) includes:
- Message Storage: Store up to 50 messages in the hand held controller.
- Automatic Message Repeat: Allows the message to be continuously repeated at intervals of up to 20 inches.
- Password Protection: Gives a supervisor the ability to password protect the printer to prevent unauthorized tampering with the message or operating parameters.
- Optional Software Package 1.5 (Part # EV1-LX-SW1.5) includes:
- Extended Message Length: Expands the message length to one line of 48 characters of ½” (12.7mm) characters and up to 96 characters (48 per line) in the 7/32” (5.5mm) character height.
- Expanded Memory: Will store up to 100 messages and operating parameters in the controller.
- Optional Software Package 2 (Part # EV1-SW2) includes:
- Sequentially Numbering: Sequential number your products with up to 9 digits.
- Variable Date Formats: Date code your products in either a numerical (05/10/12), alphabetical (May 10, 2012) or Julian Date format. Delimiters of (: / .) are selectable.
- Variable Time Formats: Time coding in military style (15:30:29) can be entered into the message for precise production tracking. Delimiters of (: / .) are selectable.
- ADDED VALUE: Software features found in software packages 1 and 1.5 are included in this package.
- Optional Software Package 3 (Part # EV1-SW3) includes:
- Shift Coding: Breaks the production day into 6 or less individual shifts with either an alpha or numerical character.
- Date Offset: Allows for automatic rollover of expiration dates up to 999 days from the current date.
- Product Counter: Counts the number of printer products within a programmed time period.
- ADDED VALUE: Software features found in software packages 1, 1.5 and 2 are included in this package.
- The ADD-ON PRINTHEAD is used when additional lines of text or product information needs to be printed on the carton or product.
- It includes the printhead module, 7 inch communication cable and a power supply.
- The printhead module simply slides on the the existing printhead using the dovetail slide and slot on the sides of the printhead. A set screw locks the printhead modules into position.
- Up to four printheads modules can be mounted onto a single mounting bracket.
- The 7 inch communication cable is inserted into the appropriate port on the printhead to allow communication with the controller.
- The ADD-ON PRINTHEAD WITH BRACKET is used when product information needs to be printed on the opposite side of the carton.
- It can also be used on additional line production lines within the manufacturing facility.
- It includes: the printhead module, power supply and a mounting bracket assembly.
- A communication cable of the appropriate length must be ordered separately if connecting the additional printhead modules onto a network of EVOLUTION printers.
|Large Font||Small Font|
|Arial||[content_tooltip id=”646″ title=”Default 1/2 In. Std Font”]||n/a||[content_tooltip id=”724″ title=”3/8 In Arial”]||[content_tooltip id=”725″ title=”DEFAULT”]||n/a||[content_tooltip id=”726″ title=”xx”]||[content_tooltip id=”727″ title=”DEFAULT”]||[content_tooltip id=”728″ title=”3/32 In Arial”]|
|Outline||[content_tooltip id=”648″ title=”1/2 In Outline”]||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||[content_tooltip id=”730″ title=”1/8 In Outline”]||n/a|
|Tahoma||[content_tooltip id=”651″ title=”1/2 in Tahoma Bold”]||n/a||[content_tooltip id=”718″ title=”3/8 in Tahoma Bold”]||[content_tooltip id=”719″ title=”7/32 in Tahoma Bold”]||[content_tooltip id=”720″ title=”3/16 in Tahoma Bold”]||n/a||[content_tooltip id=”721″ title=”1/8 in Tahoma Bold”]||[content_tooltip id=”722″ title=”3/32 in Tahoma Bold”]|
|Swiss||[content_tooltip id=”653″ title=”1/2 in Swiss”]||[content_tooltip id=”703″ title=”7/16 in Swiss”]||n/a||[content_tooltip id=”710″ title=”7/32 in Swiss”]||n/a||[content_tooltip id=”712″ title=”5/32 in Swiss”]||[content_tooltip id=”714″ title=”1/8 in Swiss”]||[content_tooltip id=”716″ title=”3/32 in Swiss”]|
- alternate font purchased separately
- n/a (not/available) font can be built to special order
- optional fonts are loaded into the printer via an EVOLUTION flash card using the built-in flash card reader
- sizes displayed onscreen are approximations