Ink Jet Technology by
Lexmark is a registerd trademark of Lexmark International, Inc. registered in United States
EVOLUTION II LX Industrial High Resolution Ink Jet printer
- thermal ink jet (TIJ) technology from LEXMARK
- delivered as a complete system
- prints bold, highly legible ASCII characters
- prints eight of the most common barcode symbologies
- EVOLUTION II-LX is the second High Resolution Ink Jet Printer in the EVOLUTION LX series and has also been designed around the thermal ink jet (TIJ) technology from LEXMARK.
- A savings of approximately 20% can be realized with the Lexmark ink cartridge. This savings is the result of better ink efficiency in the cartridge and a lower cost of the cartridge itself. Results may vary depending on messages being printed and environmental conditions in the plant.
- EVOLUTION II-LX as with its predecessor,delivers the lowest TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) of any competitive ink jet printing system available. Our EVOLUTION Dot Calculator can show you how low your TCO can be.
- EVOLUTION II-LX is delivered as a complete system and includes a hand held controller, printhead module with built in product sensor and a flash card reader, mounting bracketry, and power supply.
- EVOLUTION II-LX will print bold, highly legible ASCII characters in a resolution of 600dpi or 300dpi at production speeds up to 240 feet per minute(73 m/min).
- EVOLUTION II-LX can print eight of the most common barcode symbologies
- EVOLUTION II-LX can print and store user created graphics(logos) in bitmap (*.bmp) format.
- EVOLUTION II-LX has the ability to print one line of 1/2″(12.7 mm) high characters, two lines of 7/32″ (5.5 mm) characters, three lines of 1/8″ (3.2 mm) characters or four lines of 3/32″ (2.4 mm) high characters.
- EVOLUTION II-LX includes the standard font arial style. Tahoma, swiss and an outline style fonts are available as options in a variety of character sizes.
- EVOLUTION II-LX includes all the Optional Software package that are available for the EVOLUTION I-LX. These include expanded message storage and message length, date and time coding in a variety of formats, sequential numbering, shift coding, product count and more
(download/print comparison chart with all the features of both EVOLUTION LX printers in pdf format).
- EVOLUTION II-LX has from rom simple product identification to date, time and sequential numbering to barcodes and graphics, the EVOLUTION II-LX has it all in a compact, simple to use High Resolution Ink Jet Printer.
- HANDHELD CONTROLLER for entering messages, system configuration, and displaying data from the printhead. Built into the controller are:
- One Serial RS485 port for communication with the printhead.
- Backlit WYSIWYG LCD display.
- Alpha/numeric tactile keypad with 16 special characters.
- Memory for message’s storage.
- PRINTHEAD MODULE with built-in:
- Two Serial RS485 ports, one input for communication with the controller and one output for signaling to external peripherals.
- Internal product sensor.
- Print distance up to 3/8″ (9.5 mm).
- Print resolution of 300 or 600 dpi up to 240 feet per minute(73 m/min).
- Standard Font:
- character style: ARIAL
- character heights: 1/2″ (12.7mm), 7/32”(5.5mm), 1/8″ (3.2mm) and 3/32″ (2.4mm).
- Prints up to:
- A one line message of 48, 1/2″ (12.7 mm) ASCII characters per message, or
- A two line message of 96, 7/32″ (5.5 mm) ASCII characters per message, or
- A three line message of 144, 1/8″ (3.2 mm) ASCII characters per message, or
- A four line message of 192, 3/32″ (2.4 mm) ASCII characters per message.,
- Print Mixed-Raster(combined character heights) messages.
- Print user created logos/graphics in bitmap format in either 1/2″ (12.7 mm) or 7/32″ (5.5 mm) heights.
- Eight built in barcode symbologies that include:
Interleaved 2 of 5 Code 39 UPC-A UPC-E 128 B 128 C EAN 8 EAN 13
- Standard software includes, programmable: line speed, print direction, print delay, inter-character spacing, message orientation, automatic message repeat, lot counter, sequential numbering, shift coding, date offset , product counter, variable time and date formats, password protection and multiple language prompts in English, Spanish, French and German.
- Embedded EVP (Evolution Communication Protocol) for OEM and SYSTEMS INTEGRATION.
- Flash card reader for: optional software, optional fonts and logos download.
- Dovetail slot/slide for add-on printheads.
- POWER SUPPLY 110-240VAC(60 hz), 0.5 A.
- MOUNTING BRACKETERY for side coding applications.
- NETWORKING of up to 32 individual printhead modules via an RS485 data link through either the controller or our Optional EV-NET software.
There is one Optional Software Package available for the EVOLUTION II-LX printer-This can be ordered with the original system purchase or field upgraded via a flash card as need arises.
- 2D barcode simbology:
- DATA MATRIX package (Part #EV2-SWDM1) to generate and print data matrix simbologies.
- EVOLUTION Data Matrix technical specifications:
- Version: ECC200.
- Recognition of bar codes that are up to 60% damaged.
- Area-efficient matrix.
- Programmable size of the matrix: up to 1/2″ x 1/2″.
- Encoding message in the matrix: up to 48 alpha-numeric characters.
- Characters, numbers, and text data may be encoded.
- The ADD-ON PRINTHEAD is used when additional lines of text or product information needs to be printed on the carton or product.
- It includes the printhead module, 7 inch communication cable and a power supply.
- The printhead module simply slides on the the existing printhead using the dovetail slide and slot on the sides of the printhead. A set screw locks the printhead modules into position.
- Up to four printheads modules can be mounted onto a single mounting bracket.
- The 7 inch comunication cable is inserted into the appropriate port on the printhead to allow communication with the controller.
- The ADD-ON PRINTHEAD WITH BRACKET is used when product information needs to be printed on the opposite side of the carton.
- It can also be used on additional line production lines within the manufacturing facility.
- It includes the printhead module, power supply and a mounting bracket assembly.
- A communication cable of the appropiate length must be ordered separately if connecting the additional printhead modules onto a network of EVOLUTION printers.
|Large Font||Small Font|
|Arial||[content_tooltip id=”646″ title=”Default 1/2 In. Std Font”]||n/a||[content_tooltip id=”724″ title=”3/8 In Arial”]||[content_tooltip id=”725″ title=”DEFAULT”]||n/a||[content_tooltip id=”726″ title=”DEFAULT”]||[content_tooltip id=”727″ title=”DEFAULT”]||[content_tooltip id=”728″ title=”3/32 In Arial”]|
|Outline||[content_tooltip id=”648″ title=”alternate”]||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||[content_tooltip id=”730″ title=”alternate”]||n/a|
|Tahoma||[content_tooltip id=”651″ title=”alternate”]||n/a||[content_tooltip id=”718″ title=”3/8 in Tahoma Bold”]||[content_tooltip id=”719″ title=”7/32 in Tahoma Bold”]||[content_tooltip id=”720″ title=”3/16 in Tahoma Bold”]||n/a||[content_tooltip id=”721″ title=”alternate”]||alternate|
|Swiss||[content_tooltip id=”653″ title=”alternate”]||[content_tooltip id=”703″ title=”7/16 in Swiss”]||n/a||[content_tooltip id=”710″ title=”7/32 in Swiss”]||n/a||alternate||alternate||alternate|
- alternate font purchased separately
- n/a (not/available) font can be built to special order
- optional fonts are loaded into the printer via an EVOLUTION flash card using the built-in flash card reader
- sizes displayed onscreen are approximations