- The EVOLUTION Printer Series have an installed base of approximately 13,000 (Thirteen Thousand) systems in a variety of industries in different countries around the globe as May 2011.
- The EVOLUTION Printer Series have already been successfully integrated into gummed tape machines, labeling equipment, tray wrappers, form fill and seal machines and more.
- The EVOLUTION Printer Series offer an exceptional opportunity to System Integrators and OEM’s.
- The EVOLUTION Printer Series have two operation modes:
- A STAND-ALONE environment. with the hand-held controller which limits the user for a more simplified approach and actually uses less than 50% of the system capabilities.
- A FULLY INTEGRATED AND CONTROLLED environment from an external source such as: a PC-based automated control system or a PLC, through:
- THE BUILT-IN EVOLUTION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY: This is the low-level communication protocol which is implemented using the standard RS485 serial comunications protocol via a RJ-45 connector, along with:
- THE EMBEDDED EVOLUTION COMMUNICATION PROTOCOL (EVP): This is our propietary (easy to use) high-level application protocol to specify how EVOLUTION Printing Language and data (ASCII hex encoded) are structured in order to access/retrieve all the features of the printing system via a serial link for integration into special environments.
For more information and assistance please contact us.
- PC (Desktop or Laptop) with:
- Microsoft Windows XP (Professional/ Home version).
- Microsoft Windows 7 (Professional/ Home Premium version).
- Minimum 50 MB available hard drive disk and Minimum 2 MB available RAM.
- USB Port or RS-232 Serial Port (with a DE9-male conector).
- Standard USB TO RS485 converter (Part #: C40020-3).
- Optional converter RS232 to RS485 (Part #:C40020-1 ).
- At least one EVOLUTION printhead module series: EV1(Std, SP1, SP1.5, SP2 or SP3), EV2, EV1-LX, EV2-LX, or EV-SC.
- EVOLUTION slide table-highly recommended- (Part #:C4008-2 ).
- Microsoft.NET framework 4.0 (click to download).
- YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM CAN LIKELY EXTRACT ZIPPED DOWNLOADS AUTOMATICALLY, BUT MAY REQUIRE SOFTWARE SUCH AS WINZIP FOR PC.
- Physical Connection between a Serial Port and an EV1 or EV2 Printers.
- E.P.L(Evolution Printer Language) Utility.
- EV Communications Basic Commands Utility.